Sep

Pumpkin Spice Yarn

Written by Sarah on September 18th, 2013 Posted in DIY, food, holiday, knits, life, photos, Rhinebeck, want, yarn

Once the weather gets the slightest bit of chill in it, I am craving pumpkin. Pumpkin soup, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin pie. From September 1st to December 1st, I am annually on a mission to ingest as much pumpkin as possible.

Maybe this season we can wrap ourselves in pumpkin-colored sweaters, too! Here are some spicy, warm, and sweet yarns in your favorite flavor!

PUMPKIN

1. Brooklyn Tweed Shelter in Embers
2. Juniper Moon Farm Yearling in Butternut
3. Quince and Co Puffin in Nasturtium
4. Luna Grey Fiber Arts Orion in Pumpkin
5. Jill Draper Makes Stuff Mohonk in Rust

I’d love a big cowl or maybe a pair of mittens in pumpkin. But a wooly pair of socks sound nice too! There’s just too much pumpkin and not enough time.

What’s your favorite pumpkin treat for the fall?

ps. The winners of the #kollabsockalong were announced yesterday! Congratulations and thank you to everyone who participated!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

• September 18, 2013 at 10:34 am |

ME TOO!! I go nuts for it. I love the flavor and color. Pumpkin beer, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin everything.

Great collection of yarns! I have some burnt orange socks AND a sweater to finish up. I’m worried about an orange sweater with my now orange hair… ??? Finish it anyway? Rock it with red lipstick and who cares??

• September 18, 2013 at 10:50 am |

I wonder about that too. Orange isn’t a great color for red heads but I wear it anyway. Go big or go home!!

• September 18, 2013 at 11:01 am |

Cascade 220 sport has a lovely orange called pumpkin spice, I’m actually making a sweater out of it!

• September 18, 2013 at 6:18 pm |

Orange is one of my favorite colors! I’m so happy to see so many yarn companies coming out with oranges because they were incredibly difficult to find for a long time.

I’m not a pumpkin coffee fan, but I’ll go for pretty much anything else pumpkin-y! My favorite hangout just got pumpkin spice cider on tap. I’m really looking forward to trying it on Friday.

• September 18, 2013 at 7:40 pm |

SHELTER. I seriously am in love with Brooklyn Tweed, though I have yet to actually work with either of their yarns.. Jared Flood, why do you taunt me with your wonderful colors??

• September 18, 2013 at 8:16 pm |

Pumpkin spice yarn > Pumpkin spice latte… I’m not huge on pumpkin madness, but I do love me a slice of pumpkin pie and, something I discovered last year, pumpkin lasagna.

• October 8, 2013 at 4:04 pm |

Thanks so much for featuring my Luna Grey Pumpkin yarn. This collection makes me crave a Pumpkin Spice Latte! Mmmmm….