Nov

Holiday Knitting Explained in Gifs

Written by Sarah on November 19th, 2013 Posted in that gif post

Thought I’d given up the gif? They’re back just in time for a little holiday present from me to you.

After last Christmas, I decided knitting holiday presents was just too stressful.
nobody got time

Definitely not doing it this year!
louis ck

david tennant nope

These socks would make a great gift, though.
james mcavoy
“Didn’t you say you weren’t going to knit holiday gifts this year?”
dumbledore bitch please
Welp
i lied
It’s ok, it’s not like I had plans anyway.
anna kendrick
It won’t be fair to just knit for one person. Ok, one more hat won’t throw off my schedule. I got this.
loki
Wait. Chanukah is early this year?
steve brule
Um
doctor
huge mistake
help me
Why do I even do this?
silver linings

But I can only blame myself.
orange is the new black
Miraculously, I somehow manage to finish just in time.
brush shoulder off
And everyone loves their gifts.
oprah car gif
oprah audience gif

So, overall, that went well. If I just start a week earlier next year-
dexter

No, I’m never doing this again.
gatsby
Oh ok.
joan mad men
zooey

What are your holiday knitting plans? Did you start early this year? (No one will be mad if you buy them a Ricefield Collective hat instead.)

ps. Last year’s holiday gifs!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

• November 19, 2013 at 11:08 am |

Hahaha I love this! I actually am not going to be knitting gifts (no, seriously, I’m not!) because I try to do mass/small crafting projects for select people. It just goes so much better than knitting or sewing for other people. Can’t wait to see what everyone else is making though!

• November 19, 2013 at 11:12 am |

I plan on doing gifts like that too! I’m actually planning a post with a few ideas (like the one I told you earlier!) for easy DIY gifts that aren’t expensive or time consuming. Stay tuned!

• November 19, 2013 at 11:50 am |

Oh god. This is so appropriate to my life.

I just got into a long one sided conversation with myself to my boyfriend about how it’s ok that I don’t want to knit anything for anyone and just selfishly want to knit for myself but I’m going to change my mind in two weeks and try to knit holiday gifts anyway. #everyyear

• November 19, 2013 at 11:54 am |

Every year, right? What’s wrong with us!?

• November 19, 2013 at 11:54 am |

NO! Nada, none, zip, zero, zilch. No knit gifts for the holidays! I’m still trying to finish two gifts (birthday and new baby) that I started in Aug/Sept. Oy!

• November 19, 2013 at 11:55 am |

Good for you! Don’t give in!

• November 19, 2013 at 12:03 pm |

How did you know? This is exactly what I am going through this year! I am currently at the Doctor Who level gif :P. It’s weird because usually I am a selfish knitter and hardly ever knit something I personally won’t own…I blame the holidays. The cheerful spirit just invades you no matter what 😀

• November 19, 2013 at 1:06 pm |

Hahahaha! I love your gif posts. Yep, that’s a familiar cycle…

• November 20, 2013 at 9:29 pm |

I’m so glad. They’re so fun to make!

• November 19, 2013 at 2:10 pm |

I think I’m making a hat for my guy…and maybe a sweater for MEEEE!

I’m not very generous…

• November 20, 2013 at 9:28 pm |

Haha! You’re better off being selfish 🙂 I support that!

• November 19, 2013 at 2:12 pm |

Thank-you for the cry-laugh this morning. Omg, this was so funny and SO TRUE. And so many of my favoite people! (Love you Louis!!) I relate to every single one. This year I told myself I’m making sister socks for all four sisters and they are for winter, not any particular holiday. It’s not going well, but I’ll pull it off.

• November 20, 2013 at 9:29 pm |

We’ve all fallen victim to it at one point! Good for you resisting this year!

• November 19, 2013 at 2:36 pm |

In my classic fashion, I’ve declared no hand made gifts, but I already know I will be making some last minute ones. I started a hat for my mom which means that I also have to knit something for my sister and it all goes downhill from there.

• November 20, 2013 at 9:30 pm |

I always hold out until a week before and then decide I need to make a bunch of gifts!

• November 19, 2013 at 4:25 pm |

I’m guessing that about three weeks from today, I’ll start freaking out and frantically gift knitting/sewing. Every. Single. Year. It’s a disease.

• November 20, 2013 at 9:30 pm |

EVERY YEAR.

• November 20, 2013 at 7:04 am |

Hahaha relatable post! I’m trying to rotate every year, I either crochet/knit gifts for my family in Canada, or for my family in The Netherlands. The others get store-bought gifts. Keeps me sane… 🙂

• November 20, 2013 at 1:29 pm |

Ah, you guys are all smarter than me. This is my first year knitting Christmas gifts so, of course, I totally overcommitted with something like 19 gifts to make. I think I’ve finished 3 hats and 4 scarves, and I’ve started a knit dinosaur and knit elephant. Meanwhile, I haven’t knit anything for myself in AGES.

sigh