May

Me Made Mavens

Written by Sarah on May 16th, 2014 Posted in DIY, holiday, Me Made May

It’s Me Made May which means everybody is busting out their handmade outfits. I’ve always wanted to participate in MMM but I don’t feel like I have enough to wear. I know, right? I can’t believe it either. It’s tough to wear hand knits when the weather is turning warm and I’m dying to bust out my summer wardrobe.

While I’m here making excuses and dreaming of sewing some lovely summer tops, there are plenty of other makers offering daily doses of their handmade outfits on Instagram. Here are just a few!

memademayGinger Makes
Untangling Knots
Craft Sanctuary
Oona Balloona

Mainly, Me Made May makes me want to get on my sewing machine. I am in awe of all of these talented ladies! And there are so many more of them. All of the #mmmay14 outfits are inspiring me. Aren’t they great?

Who’s Me Made May outfits are you coveting? Are you participating? Post a link in the comments! I’d love to see your outfits!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

• Jamie
    May 16, 2014 at 2:20 pm |

A lot of people I’m following on Instagram are doing Me Made May. My favorite is Jen from Grainline Studio (@grainlinestudio)! She’s really inspiring me to sew!

• May 16, 2014 at 3:49 pm |

Yes! I’m so glad that MMM is inspiring you to sew! And holy cow, Andi’s sweater is swoon-worthy!

• May 16, 2014 at 11:39 pm |

Just get out the sewing machine already!! I saw on IG that you’ve been trucking along. Can’t wait to see the finished product 🙂 Don’t sweat the whole “I don’t have enough thing” your hand knits are AMAZINGGGGGGG. Plus, this is totally the first year I’ve felt even close to having enough stuff!

• May 17, 2014 at 10:50 am |

I’ve totally wanted to do this for the past few years too! But I’ve felt the same way. My goal is to actually sew myself some clothing this year. So maybe I’ll be “ready” to do it next year!

• May 18, 2014 at 2:50 pm |

I love all the Instagrams and seeing how other sewists/knitters style their handmades.. I’m doing me made may for the first time and really like it so far! I’ve put the first round up post on my blog, so you can check it out if you’d like..

• May 18, 2014 at 8:10 pm |

Such inspiring ladies! What wonderful outfits. I love them all! Thanks for sharing!