Nov

FO: Grettir for Him

Written by Sarah on November 10th, 2014 Posted in FO, knits, mens

“I’m going to take so many pictures of you today!” I told Jon, since he looked very handsome in his sweater.
“Noooo!” he replied.
“If we take photos now, we don’t ever have to take pictures of this sweater again!” I said to Jon as we walked through the 4H gate at the NY Sheep and Wool Festival.

I have to hand it to him, Jon is always game for my fiber-fueled antics. He’s been dragged to Rhinebeck year after year, there’s yarn in every crevice of the apartment, and he never discourages me from buying yarn. I’m constantly forcing Jon to photograph me in my latest finished garment when he’d much rather be enjoying his day off.

What I mean to say is, this boy deserves a great sweater!

grettir

IMG_8503

I was working on Grettir for a long time. I started it over vacation back in April and it took me a long time to stop procrastinating and actually graft the underarms. (I can’t be the only one that’s terrible at finishing knits.) But I guess speed wasn’t really important since sweater season seemed far away.

IMG_8499

Now it’s finally that time! I love the way this sweater looks on him. It fits really great and the colors are really handsome. The pattern is great and it feels really classic. Jon’s been wearing his sweater and nothing feels better than seeing someone enjoy what you made them.

Didn’t he look great at Rhinebeck?!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

• November 10, 2014 at 10:51 am |

This looks fantastic!!! What a great sweater!

• November 10, 2014 at 11:57 am |

I’ve been twitterpated with this sweater ever since it came out, and I just love how it looks on him!! Maybe I need to start considering one for myself…

• November 10, 2014 at 4:44 pm |

I’ve been wondering if it’s ok to make a matching one for myself…

• November 10, 2014 at 1:25 pm |

It looks fantastic! If my hubby had picked out a more interesting pattern like this, maybe I wouldn’t be on try number 3 for him. You’re BF is a lucky dude!

• Penguin Lady
    November 10, 2014 at 2:39 pm |

The sweater is gorgeous and it fits him perfectly! And you BOTH looked great at Rhinebeck!

• November 11, 2014 at 3:27 pm |

Gorgeous sweater, and this yoke! Great work, and so glad your man loves it and wears it. My husband won’t let me knit a sweater….yet! Something to do with the price of good yarn vs. machine made sweaters. I have not succeeded in convincing him that a made to measure sweater with great yarn is a real treat, so maybe I should start showing him pictures of men looking great in hand knits …like yours.

• November 13, 2014 at 12:27 pm |

Nothing beats a custom sweater! It’ll last a lot longer than something off the shelf!